One Book, One Community scrapbook
Collection — Box: 04-07-01
The "One Book, One Community" scrapbook from 2006 was created by Phyllis Wong and was transferred to the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives by Dan Truckey. The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings, photographs, correspondence, flyers, and press releases.
- Wong, Phyllis Michael (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from MSS-241, One Book, One Community scrapbook, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com.
Biographical / Historical
The "One Book, One Community" program began in 2006 and is still an annual program as of this date. Its goal is to have Marquette County residents and Northern Michigan University students, faculty, and staff all read the same book and come together through discussions and events that focus on the book and its topics and themes. This scrapbook documents the first "One Book, One Community" program, which featured the novel The Tortilla Curtain by T.C. Boyle.
Newspaper clippings were copied onto acid free paper.
- Boyle, T. Coraghessan
- Community development. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Community education. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Reading promotion. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- The Tortilla Curtain. Subject Source: Local sources
- One Book, One Community scrapbook
- Annika Peterson
- 23 September 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description