Student Girls' League Calendars
This collection contains calendars published by the university from 1912 to 1916.
- 1912 - 1916
- Student Girls' League (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from the Student Girls' League calendars, MSS-377, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Biographical / Historical
The Student Girls' League, founded in 1911, was a social group for female students. It helped freshman students get used to the school and published calendars (as seen in this collection) and a "Handbook of Northern," a senior pamphlet. By 1932, every female student was required to be a member and its goal was "to help every woman enjoy her life at Northern," and in the 1940s it helped to establish the student council, which evenutally became ASNMU (Associated Students of Northern Michigan University). In 1957, it changed its name to the Associated Women Students. In 1969, with the creation of ASNMU, it was disbanded.
Source: A Sense of Time by Russell Magnaghi
.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
The calendars are arranged in chronological order.
- Calendars. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.).
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) Subject Source: Local sources
- Societies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college students. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Student Girls' League Calendars
- Annika Peterson
- 28 July 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives Repository
Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette 49855 United States