Laverne Simonen scrapbook
Collection — Box: 02-07-06
This scrapbook collection by Laverne Simonen was given to the archives by the university. Documents include cards, pamphlets, pictures, paper art projects, reading materials, letters, and Delta Sigma Nu newspaper articles.
- 1948 - 1957
- Simonen, Laverne (Person)
Language of Materials
One letter is in Finnish. The rest of the collection is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for use.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from the Laverne Simonen scrapbook, MSS-218, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Biographical / Historical
Laverne Simonen was born in Michigamme, Michigan. She graduated from Northern Michigan College (now Northern Michigan University) in 1957 with a degree in Social Science Education. She was a member of Delta Sigma Nu, Kappa Delta Pi, the Wesley Fellowship, the Student Assembly Committee, the Social Science Club, the English Club, the Northern News, the Peninsulan yearbook staff, and the Honors Convocation.
.5 Cubic Feet
This scrapbook is not in original order as the accessioner removed items and separated them by type. It is therefore in series based on type of document, and each series is organized alphabetically.
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan College.
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student activities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teachers -- Training of. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Laverne Simonen scrapbook
- Annika Peterson
- 5 August 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description