Onota Township Government records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists mainly of ledgers. There are minutes from township board meetings, treasurers' reports, voter registration ledgers, assessment rolls, and a 1938 property inventory.
- 1887 - 1975
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from MSS-385, Onota Township records, must be obtained from the Univeristy Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at (906) 227-1225 or email, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Biographical / Historical
Onota Township is located in the southwestern part of Alger County. It was formed in 1887 and is still in existence today. Year round residents number only about 300 with many summer camps, vacation homes and deer camps in the area. Historically there was some farming in the township but the main use was for logging.
Language of Materials
The materials in this collection, MSS-385, Onota Township records, are arranged in the following series: 1. Governmental Records (by ledger), including township meeting minutes 2. Financial (by ledger) including financial audits and treasurer's records 3. Property Inventory - 1938 (by section) 4. Assessment Rolls (by Ledger) from 1912 to 1976 5. Voter Registration Records (by ledger)
The Onota Township records are covered under a general depository agreement and there is no specific paperwork.
Very good condition.
- Inventories. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (administrative records). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Onota Township (Mich.). Subject Source: Local sources
- Politics and government. Subject Source: Fast
- Reports. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Voters' lists. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Onota Township Government records
- Karen Kasper
- N. D.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives Repository
Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette 49855 United States