Woods Distributing Company records
This collection of Woods Distribution Company Records was transferred to us by the Michigan Tech Archives. The records cover the Woods Dist. Co. bankruptcy case in Manistique. The collection includes correspondence, closing documents, and liquidation inventories.
- 1986 - 1988
- Woods Distributing Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for access.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from MSS-244, Woods Distributing Company records, must be obtained from the Univeristy Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at (906) 227-1225 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Biographical / Historical
Woods Distributing Company operated a convenience store/gas station in Manistique. The Chapter 11 bankruptcy was converted to a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 1985. The legal papers detail the proceedings of the case.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
This collection was transferred to us from the Michigan Technological University archives.
- Bankruptcy. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Commerce. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Legal documents. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manistique (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Woods Distributing Company records
- Karen Kasper
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note