Marquette County Board of Supervisors Proceedings of the Annual Meeting records
Collection — Box: 06-02-02
Scope and Contents Note
This collection is comprised of published volumes of the proceedings of the annual meetings of the Marquette County Board of Supervisors in Marquette, Michigan from 1933 to 1941. Each volume contains narrative reports and financial statements for each county department and service. Of particular note are the reports of the director of the Morgan Heights Sanatorium. The Sanatorium provided care for tuberculosis cases in Marquette County. These reports provide valuable demographic information on patient ethnicity, length of residence, and employment. The researcher will also find reports of the Marquette County Mine Inspector. These reports include safety information, production, and number of miners employed by all companies on the Marquette Iron Range.
- 1933 - 1941
- Marquette County (Mich.). Board of Supervisors (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Marquette County Board of Supervisors Proceedings of the Annual Meeting records, MSS-013, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Named in honor of the Jesuit priest and explorer Jacques Marquette, Marquette County lies in the rich iron ore district of the north-central Upper Peninsula of Michigan. To the east are Delta and Alger counties, to the south Dickinson and Menominee counties, to the west Iron and Baraga counties. Lake Superior establishes the northern boundary. These lines were set in 1843, when the Upper Peninsula was divided into six counties established simultaneously to facilitate the completion of a topographical survey being taken by the eminent geologist and surveyor, Dr. Douglas Houghton. Marquette County was not formally organized, however, until April 4, 1848.
1 Cubic Feet
- Financial Statements. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Financial records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Iron mines and mining. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette County (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette County (Mich.). Board of Supervisors
- Marquette Iron Range (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morgan Heights Sanatorium
- Politics and government. Subject Source: Fast
- Proceedings. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Marquette County Board of Supervisors Proceedings of the Annual Meeting records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description