Robert M. Bordeau papers
Scope and Contents Note
This collection contains Northern Michigan University memorabilia collected by Robert M. Bordeau while a student at the school and as a member of the Board of Trustees of the NMU Development Fund. The collection contains contains mostly correspondence, including Bordeau's criticism of the Northern Michigan University administration's decision to close the Department of Music's string program. Responses from Robert Glenn, President Jamrich, and Elda Tate are also included. The collection also contains a scrapbook with highlights of student life at Northern Michigan University in the late 1950s, records of forensic tournaments, miscellaneous programs, and the by-laws of the Golden Wildcat Club.
- 1955 - 1982
- Bordeau, Robert M. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Robert M Bordeau papers, MSS-009, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Robert M. Bordeau graduated from Northern Michigan College in 1958 and subsequently became a member of the Board of Trustees of the NMU Development Fund. He practiced law in Marquette until his retirement in 1999.
1 Cubic Feet
- Bowed stringed instruments.
- College teaching.
- Golden Wildcat Club (Marquette, Mich.)
- Marquette (Mich.).
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963)
- Northern Michigan College.
- Northern Michigan University -- Alumni and alumnae.
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-)
- Northern Michigan University. Board of Trustees
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae.
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff.
- Robert M. Bordeau papers
- Description rules
- Language of description