Painesdale Mine and Shaft records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of photographs and videos created by Painesdale Mine and Shaft to raise funds for the preservation of the Champion Mine #4 Shaft House and to document their preservation efforts. The photographs show a "drone's eye view" of the shaft house and depict the removal of vegetation from the shaft house in 2020. There are also aerial photos of Champion Mine taken by the United States Geological Survey that were collected by Painesdale Mine and Shaft. The videos include tours of Painesdale and the Adams Township Water Utility and interviews with former employees of the Champion Mine.
- 1992 - 2020
- Painesdale Mine and Shaft (Painesdale, Mich.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Available online and open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Painesdale Mine and Shaft holds the copyright to materials that are not in the public domain and reserves all rights. Permission to use materials outside of fair use from the Painesdale Mine and Shaft records (PMAS-003) must be obtained from Painesdale Mine and Shaft. They may be reached by phone at (906) 482-0776 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Biographical / Historical
Painesdale Mine and Shaft, Inc. is a non-profit organization in Painesdale, Houghton County, Michigan. It is dedicated to preserving Champion Mine Shafthouse #4 and its history.
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged in two series, Photographs and Videos. The items within the series are arranged chronologically. The items did not have an original order.
Existence and Location of Originals
The original records are held by Painesdale Mine and Shaft, Inc. They can be contacted at PO Box 332, Painesdale, MI, 49955, (906) 482-0776, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View This Collection Online
This collection is part of UPLINK, the Upper Peninsula Digital Network. You can see it on the UPLINK website here.
- Champion Mine (Painesdale, Mich.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Copper mines and mining. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic preservation. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Houghton County (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Interviews. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Promotional films. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Societies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Painesdale Mine and Shaft records
- In Progress
- Annika Peterson
- 16 August 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description