Wilfred Erickson Oral History Interview collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of three items. The first is an oral history interview with copper miner Wilfred Erickson conducted by Jim Dulemba in 1968. Erickson discusses life in the Copper Country, his work as a copper miner, and the history of the Atlantic Mine area. The other two items are videos created by the Copper Range Historical Society and Painesdale Mine and Shaft using audio from the Erickson interview.
- Erickson, Wilfred (Interviewee, Person)
- Dulemba, Jim (Interviewer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Available online and open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The Copper Range Historical Society holds the copyright to materials that are not in the public domain and reserves all rights. Permission to use materials outside of fair use from the Wilfred Erickson Oral History Interview collection (CRHS-002) must be obtained from the Copper Range Historical Society. They may be reached by phone at 906-487-9412 or 906-482-6125.
Biographical / Historical
Wilfred Erickson was born in 1903 and died in 1983. He lived in Atlantic Mine, MI and worked as a miner.
Language of Materials
This collection has only one series, Audiovisual materials. The items within the series are arranged chronologically.
Existence and Location of Originals
The original records are held by the Copper Range Historical Society. They can be contacted at 44 Trimountain Ave., P.O. Box 148, South Range, MI, 49963 or by phone at 906-487-9412 or 906-482-6125.
View This Collection Online
This collection is part of UPLINK, the Upper Peninsula Digital Network. You can see it on the UPLINK website here.
- Copper miners. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Copper mines and mining. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Houghton County (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Interviews. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Wilfred Erickson Oral History Interview collection
- In Progress
- Annika Peterson
- 16 August 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Copper Range Historical Society Repository
44 Trimountain Ave.
P.O. Box 148
South Range MI 49963