Marquette Mining Journal newspapers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of microfilm copies of the Marquette Mining Journal from 1868 to the present. As of November 2022, 1868 to 1955 are digitized and available online.
Conditions Governing Access
The (Daily) Mining Journal from 1868-1940 is available online and open for research.
The rest of the paper is available on microfilm at the Peter White Public Library. There are no access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Newspapers published after 1978 are still under copyright. Permission to use them beyond fair use must be obtained from the Marquette Mining Journal.
Biographical / Historical
The Marquette Mining Journal began in 1860 as the Lake Superior News (1860-1862). It was subsequently called the Lake Superior News and Journal (1862-1864), the Lake Superior Mining Journal (1864-1868), the Mining Journal (1868-1886), the Daily Mining Journal (1886-1946), and the Mining Journal (1946-present). It publishes news from the city of Marquette and surrounding areas as well as national news.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
The original records are held by the Peter White Public Library. They can be contacted at https://pwpl.info/location-and-contact/ or by phone at (906) 228-9510.
View This Collection Online
This collection is part of UPLINK, the Upper Peninsula Digital Network. You can see it on the UPLINK website here.
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Marquette Mining Journal newspapers
- In Progress
- Annika Peterson
- 20 September 2021
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Peter White Public Library Repository
217 N. Front Street
Marquette MI 49855 USA