Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection consists of memorabilia of Luther Gant's career at Northern Michigan College (now Northern Michigan University) in Marquette, Michigan. The collection is scattered and incomplete. Materials include numerous photographs of Kaye Hall, particularly during winter, and photographs of Luther Gant's retirement celebration. The collection also includes honorary degrees and correspondence from noted Michigan educators. Materials date between 1930 and 1961.
This collection contains the memorabilia of George W. Tomasi. It includes photographs, papers, and articles relating to the "Barracks Boys," as well as Northern Michigan University athletics. Also included are family photographs and Hermansville High School memorabillia including a basketball program and class picture from 1952.
- Correspondence. 3
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 3
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 3
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 3
- Photographs. 3
- College teaching. 2
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 2
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 2
- Articles. 1
- Basketball. 1
- Bowed stringed instruments. 1
- Camping. 1
- College sports. 1
- Criticism. 1
- Education. 1
- Fishing. 1
- Honoraria (awards). 1
- Marquette (Mich.). 1
- Newspapers. 1 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 3
- Bordeau, Robert M. 1
- Gant, Luther O. 1
- Golden Wildcat Club (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Hermansville High School (Hermansville, Mich.) 1
- Money, C.V. "Red" 1
- Northern Michigan University. Board of Trustees 1
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 1
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye Hall 1
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 1
- Tomasi, George W. 1
- United States. Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944 1
- Westen, Charles J. 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.