Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection contains the papers of Donald F. Dreisbach, a Northern Michigan University Professor of Philosophy. His papers include manuscripts and drafts of articles he has written (most of which are concentrated on the works of Paul Tillich), his dissertation work, and his faculty evaluation forms. The materials range from the years 1969 to 1998.
These files contain research documents by Judith DeMark, a former Northern Michigan University history professor, on the history of Marquette. Topics include mining, immigration, Finnish folklore, and tuberculosis.
This collection documents Dr. Rudi Prusok's professional career at Northern Michigan University. The bulk of the collection covers the 1980s and includes professional and personal correspondence, flyers, brochures, records of the Foreign Language Teachers Conference, course syllabi, faculty evaluation (1994), a copy of an article Prusok wrote about Thomas Mann, and a sabbatical leave proposal. Some of the personal correspondence discusses scheutzen rifles.
This collection consists of correspondence, newspaper clippings, course materials (from courses that Robyns took and courses that he taught), professional materials, copies of journal articles about archival topics, and applications for promotion. With the exception of two folders (one of personal newspaper articles and one of correspondence with former student assistants at the Northern Michigan University Archives), the entire collection deals with Robyns' career as an archivist.
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 6
- Correspondence. 5
- History. 4
- Manuscripts (document genre). 3
- Marquette (Mich.). 3
- Brochures. 2
- Curricula. 2
- Finnish Americans. 2
- Fliers (printed matter). 2
- Minutes (administrative records). 2
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 2
- Photographs. 2
- Records (documents). 2
- Research notes. 2
- Student activities. 2
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). 2 ∧ less
- English 6
- German 1
- Northern Michigan University 5
- American Association of University Professors. Northern Michigan University Chapter 1
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society 1
- DeMark, Judith Boyce 1
- Dreisbach, Donald F. 1
- House, Peggy 1
- Kiltinen, John O. 1
- Magnaghi, Russell M. 1
- Mann, Thomas 1
- Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics 1
- Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Modern Languages 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Philosophy 1
- Northern Michigan University. Educational Policy Committee 1
- Northern Michigan University. Faculty Advisory Budget Committee 1
- Northern Michigan University. Seaborg Summer Science Academy 1
- Northern Michigan University. ViSummer Institute for the Arts and Science 1
- Northern Michigan University. Visiting Science Lecture Program 1
- Portland State University 1
- Prusok, Rudi Albin 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.