Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection is composed of ten photo albums filled with photographs of students and staff of Bookbinders Cafe, located in the basement of the Harden Learning Resources Center. The photographs were taken between 1980 and 1993. The collection also includes news clippings, awards, letters, cards, and a biography of Maggie Britton, the cafe manager.
This collection documents Boyum's business and travel activities. Records include correspondence, publications, travel memorabilia and documents, financial material, photographs, calendars, and newsclippings.
MSS-398 consists of the personal papers of Jon "Jack" LaSalle from the 1980s and 1990s. They include papers from his time on the Marquette County Labor Council, the Upper Peninsula Labor Management Council, the Marquette County Democratic Party and more.
This collection consists of correspondence, newspaper clippings, course materials (from courses that Robyns took and courses that he taught), professional materials, copies of journal articles about archival topics, and applications for promotion. With the exception of two folders (one of personal newspaper articles and one of correspondence with former student assistants at the Northern Michigan University Archives), the entire collection deals with Robyns' career as an archivist.
- Subject: Clippings (information artifacts). X
- Correspondence. 8
- Photographs. 8
- Marquette (Mich.). 4
- Articles. 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 3
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 3
- Programs (documents). 3
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). 3
- Agendas. 2
- Awards. 2
- Compact Discs. 2
- Financial records. 2
- Fliers (printed matter). 2
- Local history. 2
- Minutes (administrative records). 2
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 2
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 2
- Oral histories (document genres). 2 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 4
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 2
- AFSCME-AFL/CIO Michigan 1
- Bookbinders Cafe (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Boyum, Burton H. 1
- Britton, Margaret 1
- Bunker, Muriel 1
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 1
- Chicago and North Western Transportation Company 1
- Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company 1
- Cliffs Shaft Mine Museum 1
- Democratic Party (Marquette County, Mich.) 1
- Democratic Party (Mich.). State Central Committee 1
- Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation 1
- Juchemich, Roland 1
- LaSalle, Jon G. 1
- Marquette Range Iron Mining Heritage Theme Park 1
- Martinez, Sonya 1
- Mather Inn (Ishpeming, Mich.) 1
- Mather Inn Preservation Society (Ishpeming, Mich.) 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.