Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of items formerly part of a retirement scrapbook given to Ruth Craig on her retirement from Northern Michigan University in 1963. The collection consists of photographs of campus scenes, student activities, former students, faculty and staff, and images from the retirement dinner. The collection also consists of numerous letters of tribute written to Craig from staff and former students. All materials are dated 1963.
The collection contains the papers of Miriam Hilton. The collection includes drafts, notes, news clippings, alumni questionnaires, and transcriptions of faculty interviews (Meyland, Hedgecock, Wahtera, and O'Dell) relating to her book Northern Michigan University: The First 75 Years. Also included are records relating to Church Women United of Marquette and writings of Hilton's father, Dr. John Elder.
Processed March 1995
Papers of John R. Watanen, an English professor at Northern Michigan University, relating to his involvement with the university's Academic Senate and various senate committees.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 6
- College teaching. 5
- Correspondence. 4
- Marquette (Mich.). 4
- Photographs. 4
- English literature. 3
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 3
- History. 2
- Newspapers. 2
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 2
- African Americans. 1
- Articles. 1
- Baccalaureate addresses. 1
- Brochures. 1
- Clubs. 1
- College theater. 1 ∧ less
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 3
- Northern Michigan University. Academic Senate 2
- Church Women United of Marquette 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Craig, Ruth 1
- Elder, John 1
- Hilton, Earl 1
- Hilton, Miriam 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of History 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Music 1
- Northern Michigan University. Faculty Council 1
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 1
- O’Dell, Richard F. (Richard Frederick) 1
- Roberts, Forest 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.