Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection consists mainly of Northern Michigan University basketball and football game programs; photographs of teams, athletic activities, and coaches; and news articles related to NMU sports from 1928 to 1992. The collection also includes a football program from 1992.
This collection consists of items formerly part of a retirement scrapbook given to Ruth Craig on her retirement from Northern Michigan University in 1963. The collection consists of photographs of campus scenes, student activities, former students, faculty and staff, and images from the retirement dinner. The collection also consists of numerous letters of tribute written to Craig from staff and former students. All materials are dated 1963.
This collection consists of memorabilia of Luther Gant's career at Northern Michigan College (now Northern Michigan University) in Marquette, Michigan. The collection is scattered and incomplete. Materials include numerous photographs of Kaye Hall, particularly during winter, and photographs of Luther Gant's retirement celebration. The collection also includes honorary degrees and correspondence from noted Michigan educators. Materials date between 1930 and 1961.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
This collection includes constitutions, agendas, correspondence, membership lists and directories, minutes, newsletters, and financial materials including treasurers reports.
- Correspondence. 7
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Marquette (Mich.). 6
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 6
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 4
- College teachers. 3
- College teaching. 3
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 3
- Programs (documents). 3
- Newspapers. 2
- Teachers -- Training of. 2
- Administrative assistants. 1
- Agendas. 1
- Articles. 1
- Basketball. 1
- Brochures. 1 ∧ less
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 3
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Camelia Bowl (Football game) 1
- Canale, Gildo 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Craig, Ruth 1
- Gant, Luther O. 1
- Harden, Edgar L. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Athletics 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Music 1
- Northern Michigan University. Faculty Wives Club 1
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 1
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye Hall 1
- Northern Michigan University. Northern Michigan University Women 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.