Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists mainly of Northern Michigan University basketball and football game programs; photographs of teams, athletic activities, and coaches; and news articles related to NMU sports from 1928 to 1992. The collection also includes a football program from 1992.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
The collection contains the papers of Miriam Hilton. The collection includes drafts, notes, news clippings, alumni questionnaires, and transcriptions of faculty interviews (Meyland, Hedgecock, Wahtera, and O'Dell) relating to her book Northern Michigan University: The First 75 Years. Also included are records relating to Church Women United of Marquette and writings of Hilton's father, Dr. John Elder.
Processed March 1995
The collection consists of correspondence, news articles, a scrapbook, and yearbook clippings largely relating to Henry Tape's birthday in 1954 and his retirement in 1956.
Processed June 1996
This collection contains the memorabilia of George W. Tomasi. It includes photographs, papers, and articles relating to the "Barracks Boys," as well as Northern Michigan University athletics. Also included are family photographs and Hermansville High School memorabillia including a basketball program and class picture from 1952.
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 5
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 5
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 5
- Photographs. 4
- Marquette (Mich.). 3
- Basketball. 2
- College sports. 2
- Correspondence. 2
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 2
- Programs (documents). 2
- Scrapbooks. 2
- Academic medical centers. 1
- Booklets. 1
- Certificates. 1
- Clubs. 1
- College presidents. 1
- College teachers. 1
- Education. 1 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 5
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 4
- Northern Michigan College. 4
- Camelia Bowl (Football game) 1
- Canale, Gildo 1
- Church Women United of Marquette 1
- Elder, John 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1
- Hermansville High School (Hermansville, Mich.) 1
- Hilton, Miriam 1
- Hooper, Aurelia E. 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Money, C.V. "Red" 1
- Niemi, Allan L. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Ada B. Vielmetti Health Center 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Athletics 1
- Northern Michigan University. President 1
- Northern Michigan University. University Health Center 1
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 1
- Osborn, Tish Vielmetti 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.