Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
This collection documents the activities of the Industrial Arts Club (sometimes called the Industrial Education Club), particularly the construction of a float for the homecoming parade and selection of a club emblem. The collection ranges in date from 1958-1967 and includes meeting minutes, correspondence, and photographs.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
This collection includes constitutions, agendas, correspondence, membership lists and directories, minutes, newsletters, and financial materials including treasurers reports.
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 9
- Marquette (Mich.). 8
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 8
- Photographs. 8
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 7
- College teaching. 5
- College teachers. 4
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 4
- Programs (documents). 4
- Minutes (administrative records). 3
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 3
- Teachers -- Training of. 3
- College presidents. 2
- Constitutions. 2
- Education. 2
- Financial records. 2
- Membership lists. 2 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College. 10
- Northern Michigan University 9
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 7
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 5
- Harden, Edgar L. 2
- Northern Michigan University. President 2
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 2
- Beta Omega Tau Sorority 1
- Bordeau, Robert M. 1
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1
- Golden Wildcat Club (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Halverson, Lynn Harvey 1
- Hilton, Earl 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Northern Michigan University. Board of Trustees 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Geography, Earth Science, and Conservation 1
- Northern Michigan University. Faculty Wives Club 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.