Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection consists mainly of Northern Michigan University basketball and football game programs; photographs of teams, athletic activities, and coaches; and news articles related to NMU sports from 1928 to 1992. The collection also includes a football program from 1992.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
This collection consists of basketball scorebooks from teams coached by or associated with C.V. "Red" Money. Scorebooks from the 1949-1950 season through the 1954-1955 season are for the Northern Michigan University basketball team. Also included are summaries of his basketball and football seasons, a paper written by Money, and plaques honoring him.
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 9
- Photographs. 9
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 8
- Correspondence. 7
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 7
- Programs (documents). 5
- College teachers. 3
- College teaching. 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 3
- Teachers -- Training of. 3
- Articles. 2
- Basketball. 2
- College presidents. 2
- College sports. 2
- Education, Higher. 2
- Education. 2 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College. 9
- Northern Michigan University 9
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 7
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 5
- Harden, Edgar L. 2
- Northern Michigan University. President 2
- Beta Omega Tau Sorority 1
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Camelia Bowl (Football game) 1
- Canale, Gildo 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Money, C.V. "Red" 1
- Northern Michigan University. Academic Senate 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Athletics 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of History 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.