Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
This collection contains the memorabilia of George W. Tomasi. It includes photographs, papers, and articles relating to the "Barracks Boys," as well as Northern Michigan University athletics. Also included are family photographs and Hermansville High School memorabillia including a basketball program and class picture from 1952.
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 4
- Correspondence. 3
- Marquette (Mich.). 3
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 3
- Teachers -- Training of. 2
- Administrative assistants. 1
- Articles. 1
- Awards. 1
- Basketball. 1
- Class reunions. 1
- Clippings (information artifacts). 1
- College presidents. 1
- College sports. 1
- College teachers. 1
- College teaching. 1 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 4
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 3
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Harden, Edgar L. 1
- Hermansville High School (Hermansville, Mich.) 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Money, C.V. "Red" 1
- Northern Michigan University. Alumni Association 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 1
- Northern Michigan University. President 1
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 1
- Tomasi, George W. 1
- United States. Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.