Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection consists mainly of Northern Michigan University basketball and football game programs; photographs of teams, athletic activities, and coaches; and news articles related to NMU sports from 1928 to 1992. The collection also includes a football program from 1992.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
This collection contains the memorabilia of George W. Tomasi. It includes photographs, papers, and articles relating to the "Barracks Boys," as well as Northern Michigan University athletics. Also included are family photographs and Hermansville High School memorabillia including a basketball program and class picture from 1952.
- Marquette (Mich.). 8
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 8
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 8
- Correspondence. 6
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 6
- Programs (documents). 5
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 4
- Articles. 3
- College teachers. 3
- College teaching. 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Teachers -- Training of. 3
- Basketball. 2
- College presidents. 2
- College sports. 2
- Education, Higher. 2
- Education. 2 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 7
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 5
- Harden, Edgar L. 2
- Northern Michigan University. President 2
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Camelia Bowl (Football game) 1
- Canale, Gildo 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1
- Hermansville High School (Hermansville, Mich.) 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Money, C.V. "Red" 1
- Northern Michigan University. Academic Senate 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Athletics 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of History 1
- Northern Michigan University. Faculty Council 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.