Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Academic Senate and American Association of University Professors (AAUP) Northern Michigan University Chapter records
This collection documents the activities of the Industrial Arts Club (sometimes called the Industrial Education Club), particularly the construction of a float for the homecoming parade and selection of a club emblem. The collection ranges in date from 1958-1967 and includes meeting minutes, correspondence, and photographs.
This collection contains correspondence, organizational by-laws, membership records, National Fraternity materials, meeting minutes, programming records, and the local charter petition of the Lambda Upsilon chapter of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity at Northern Michigan University.
This collection includes constitutions, agendas, correspondence, membership lists and directories, minutes, newsletters, and financial materials including treasurers reports.
The collection includes scattered minutes of the Biology Department; correspondence largely relating to Peters' research on the fish tapeworm, Diphyllobothrium latum; materials regarding attempts to establish an Institute for Indian Education at Northern; materials of and relating to Luther West, a former Biology faculty member at Northern best known for his research on the housefly; and a publication written by Peters on preveterinary curricular opportunities at Northern.
United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW) Local 2178 (Technical, Office and Professional) Union records
This collection documents the history of the United Automobile Workers (UAW) Local 2178 (Technical, Office and Professional) Union on the Northern Michigan University campus in Marquette, Michigan. Records include correspondence, reports and studies, agendas, minutes, newsletters, grievance records, hearing records, and salary data. The collection's materials date from 1970 to 1997.
- Marquette (Mich.). 7
- Agendas. 5
- Membership lists. 5
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 4
- College teaching. 3
- Financial records. 3
- Greek letter societies. 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 3
- Photographs. 3
- Reports. 3
- Student activities. 3
- Bylaws (administrative records) 2
- College teachers. 2
- Constitutions. 2
- Indians of North America. 2
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 2 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 7
- Allies (Organization: Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Beta Omega Tau Sorority 1
- Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives 1
- Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian Student Union (Organization: Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Gould, Elyssa 1
- International Union, United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America. Local 2178 (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Lambda Chi Alpha. Lambda Upsilon Chapter (Northern Michigan University) 1
- Lydia M. Olson Library 1
- Magnaghi, Russell M. 1
- Marquette (Mich.). City Commission 1
- Marquette Board of Light and Power 1
- Marquette County (Mich.). Economic Development Corporation 1
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 1
- Northern Michigan College. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Biology 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Economics 1
- Northern Michigan University. Faculty Wives Club 1
- Northern Michigan University. Industrial Arts Club 1
- Northern Michigan University. Library Advisory Committee 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.