Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Papers of John R. Watanen, an English professor at Northern Michigan University, relating to his involvement with the university's Academic Senate and various senate committees.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
The collection contains the papers of Miriam Hilton. The collection includes drafts, notes, news clippings, alumni questionnaires, and transcriptions of faculty interviews (Meyland, Hedgecock, Wahtera, and O'Dell) relating to her book Northern Michigan University: The First 75 Years. Also included are records relating to Church Women United of Marquette and writings of Hilton's father, Dr. John Elder.
Processed March 1995
- College teaching. 5
- Correspondence. 4
- English literature. 3
- Marquette (Mich.). 3
- Photographs. 3
- History. 2
- Newspapers. 2
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 2
- African Americans. 1
- Articles. 1
- Baccalaureate addresses. 1
- Brochures. 1
- Clubs. 1
- College theater. 1
- Education, Higher. 1 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 6
- Northern Michigan University. Academic Senate 2
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 2
- Church Women United of Marquette 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Elder, John 1
- Halverson, Lynn Harvey 1
- Hilton, Earl 1
- Hilton, Miriam 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Geography, Earth Science, and Conservation 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of History 1
- Northern Michigan University. Faculty Council 1
- O’Dell, Richard F. (Richard Frederick) 1
- Roberts, Forest 1
- Watanen, John R., Jr. 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.