Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This collection consists mainly of Northern Michigan University basketball and football game programs; photographs of teams, athletic activities, and coaches; and news articles related to NMU sports from 1928 to 1992. The collection also includes a football program from 1992.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
This collection includes constitutions, agendas, correspondence, membership lists and directories, minutes, newsletters, and financial materials including treasurers reports.
Letter written by Dr. Strolle to director of Alumni Relations Paul Suomi, containing a seven-page reminiscence of his childhood, education, and career.
This small collection of records from the Theta Omicron Rho Fraternity was donated by Dennis Cieslinski, who tried to reorganize the fraternity. It contains a photograph of the Theta Omicron Rho house in 1978 as well as a copy of the rules and regulations of the house from 1927-1928.
- Marquette (Mich.). 9
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 9
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 9
- Photographs. 9
- Correspondence. 8
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 8
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 4
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 4
- Programs (documents). 4
- Speeches (documents). 3
- Articles. 2
- College presidents. 2
- College teachers. 2
- College teaching. 2
- Constitutions. 2
- Financial records. 2
- Greek letter societies. 2
- Membership lists. 2 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 9
- Northern Michigan College. 7
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 7
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 6
- Harden, Edgar L. 2
- Northern Michigan University. President 2
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 2
- Beta Omega Tau Sorority 1
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Camelia Bowl (Football game) 1
- Canale, Gildo 1
- Cieslinski, Dennis 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Hooper, Aurelia E. 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Niemi, Allan L. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Ada B. Vielmetti Health Center 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Athletics 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.