Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This collection is composed of ten photo albums filled with photographs of students and staff of Bookbinders Cafe, located in the basement of the Harden Learning Resources Center. The photographs were taken between 1980 and 1993. The collection also includes news clippings, awards, letters, cards, and a biography of Maggie Britton, the cafe manager.
This collection documents the activities of the Culinary Students of Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. Records include correspondence, financial records, and photographs. Materials date from 2000 to 2003.
This collection documents the activities of the Golden Wildcat Club, a booster organization for Northern Michigan University Athletics in Marquette, Michigan. Records include correspondence, reunion information, the tenth annual hockey reunion (1986), and photographs (prints and negatives). Materials in the collection are dated from 1982 to 1990.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
- Marquette (Mich.). 10
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 6
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 6
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 5
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 5
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 5
- Programs (documents). 5
- Newspapers. 3
- Student activities. 3
- Teachers -- Training of. 3
- Brochures. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Clippings (information artifacts). 2
- College presidents. 2
- College sports. 2
- College teachers. 2
- College teaching. 2 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College. 6
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 4
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 4
- Harden, Edgar L. 3
- Northern Michigan University. Harden Learning Resources Center 2
- Northern Michigan University. President 2
- Albeck, Stan 1
- Bookbinders Cafe (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Britton, Margaret 1
- Canale, Gildo 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Culinary Students of Northern Michigan University (Organization : Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1
- Golden Wildcat Club (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Kruger, Gil 1
- Mariucci, Steve 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.