Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists mainly of Northern Michigan University basketball and football game programs; photographs of teams, athletic activities, and coaches; and news articles related to NMU sports from 1928 to 1992. The collection also includes a football program from 1992.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
This collection consists of Northern Michigan University memorabilia. Items include photographs of homecoming (1949), basketball and football teams, and the Tri Mu Fraternity; a homecoming program for 1948, a commencement program from 1981, copies of Horizons, and a personal scrapbook. The materials date from 1948 to 1993.
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 5
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 5
- Correspondence. 4
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 4
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 4
- Articles. 2
- College sports. 2
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 2
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 2
- Student activities. 2
- Teachers -- Training of. 2
- Basketball. 1
- Booklets. 1
- Brochures. 1
- Calendars. 1
- Certificates. 1 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College. 5
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 4
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 3
- Camelia Bowl (Football game) 1
- Canale, Gildo 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1
- Harden, Edgar L. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Athletics 1
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 1
- Northern Michigan University. President 1
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 1
- Roberts, Forest 1
- Student Michigan Education Association. Northern Michigan University Chapter 1
- Whitman, Margaret 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.