Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection is comprised of several photographs depicting students and faculty from Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan attending a workshop sponsored by the Future Teachers of America. The photographs are not labeled with identifying information.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
- Marquette (Mich.). 4
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Correspondence. 3
- Education. 3
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 3
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 3
- College teachers. 2
- College teaching. 2
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 2
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 2
- Programs (documents). 2
- Student activities. 2
- Articles. 1
- Booklets. 1
- Certificates. 1
- Class reunions. 1
- Clippings (information artifacts). 1 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College. 3
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 2
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 2
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 2
- Student Michigan Education Association. Northern Michigan University Chapter 2
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Jones, Gene D. L. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- McClellan, Robert F. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 1
- Northern Michigan University. Task Force on Liberal Education Requirements 1
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 1
- Upper Great Lakes Teacher Education Council 1
- Upper Peninsula Regional Council for the Social Sciences 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.