Showing Collections: 61 - 71 of 71
Letter written by Dr. Strolle to director of Alumni Relations Paul Suomi, containing a seven-page reminiscence of his childhood, education, and career.
This small collection of records from the Theta Omicron Rho Fraternity was donated by Dennis Cieslinski, who tried to reorganize the fraternity. It contains a photograph of the Theta Omicron Rho house in 1978 as well as a copy of the rules and regulations of the house from 1927-1928.
This collection contains the memorabilia of George W. Tomasi. It includes photographs, papers, and articles relating to the "Barracks Boys," as well as Northern Michigan University athletics. Also included are family photographs and Hermansville High School memorabillia including a basketball program and class picture from 1952.
This collection includes memorandums sent to Transcendental Club members that outline the date, location, and topic of upcoming meetings. The bulk of the collection consists of photocopies of articles used for background reading material. Some of the articles have highlights and/or notes attached. The materials are from meetings of the Transcendental Club that happened between 1993 and 1997.
United Automobile, Aircraft, and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (UAW) Local 2178 (Technical, Office and Professional) Union records
This collection documents the history of the United Automobile Workers (UAW) Local 2178 (Technical, Office and Professional) Union on the Northern Michigan University campus in Marquette, Michigan. Records include correspondence, reports and studies, agendas, minutes, newsletters, grievance records, hearing records, and salary data. The collection's materials date from 1970 to 1997.
This collection consists of Northern Michigan University memorabilia. Items include photographs of homecoming (1949), basketball and football teams, and the Tri Mu Fraternity; a homecoming program for 1948, a commencement program from 1981, copies of Horizons, and a personal scrapbook. The materials date from 1948 to 1993.
- Subject: Northern Michigan University period (1963-) X
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 41
- Marquette (Mich.). 39
- Correspondence. 33
- Photographs. 32
- College teachers. 24
- College teaching. 21
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 21
- Articles. 17
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 17
- Student activities. 15
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 14
- Minutes (administrative records). 12
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 11
- History. 10
- Programs (documents). 8
- College sports. 7
- Research notes. 7
- Scrapbooks. 7
- Greek letter societies. 6 ∧ less
- English 69
- German 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Northern Michigan University 54
- Northern Michigan College. 18
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 14
- Jamrich, John X. 7
- Northern Michigan University. President 7
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 7
- Harden, Edgar L. 3
- Money, C.V. "Red" 3
- Northern Michigan University. Department of History 3
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye House 3
- Canale, Gildo 2
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 2
- Golden Wildcat Club (Marquette, Mich.) 2
- Jamrich, June 2
- Mariucci, Steve 2
- McClellan, Robert F. 2
- Northern Michigan University. Academic Senate 2
- Northern Michigan University. Board of Trustees 2
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Geography, Earth Science, and Conservation 2
- Northern Michigan University. Faculty Council 2 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.