Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This scrapbook created by Bernice M. Bal was donated to the Archives by NMU Professor Russell Magnaghi. It documents her time spent at Northern State Teachers College. The scrapbook includes class schedules, news articles on events on campus and in the community, programs, miscellaneous articles, letters/invitations, and graduating class roster listings.
This manuscript collection contains the memorabilia of Helen and Ebba Eklund and their time at Northern, spanning from 1925 until 1941. It is comprised mainly of documents and papers for Sorority events, Rush day and other college-related social events. The collection also contains lists of the college courses and copies of Northern newspapers from 1925-27 and 1934-38.
The collection contains the original prints of the 1932 Kawbawgam yearbook as well as spare photos also used to create the yearbook.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
This collection contains memorabilia of Nancy Russo's school days at Northern State Teachers College (now Northern Michigan University) from 1936 to 1939. The collection contains programs for the Men's and Women's Glee Clubs, Student Girls League Programs, a senior booklet for 1939, and a wallet size photograph of Pete Ellis.
Letter written by Dr. Strolle to director of Alumni Relations Paul Suomi, containing a seven-page reminiscence of his childhood, education, and career.
- Marquette (Mich.). 7
- Photographs. 6
- Correspondence. 4
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 4
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 4
- Student activities. 4
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 3
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 3
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 3
- Teachers -- Training of. 3
- Clippings (information artifacts). 2
- Education. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Newspapers. 2
- Programs (documents). 2
- Administrative assistants. 1
- Booklets. 1
- City officials. 1 ∧ less
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 8
- Northern Michigan University 7
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 3
- Northern Michigan College. 3
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 3
- Bal, Bernice M. 1
- Bennett, Bill 1
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Eklund, Ebba 1
- Eklund, Helen 1
- Harden, Edgar L. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Magnaghi, Russell M. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 1
- Northern Michigan University. President 1
- Phi Kappa Nu Sorority 1
- Russo, Nancy 1
- Strolle, Roland S. 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.