Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
- Education. 2
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 2
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 2
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 2
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 2
- Programs (documents). 2
- Articles. 1
- Booklets. 1
- Certificates. 1
- Class reunions. 1
- Clippings (information artifacts). 1
- College teachers. 1
- College teaching. 1
- Greeting Cards. 1 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 2
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 2
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.