Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection consists of items formerly part of a retirement scrapbook given to Ruth Craig on her retirement from Northern Michigan University in 1963. The collection consists of photographs of campus scenes, student activities, former students, faculty and staff, and images from the retirement dinner. The collection also consists of numerous letters of tribute written to Craig from staff and former students. All materials are dated 1963.
This collection consists of a scrapbook that documents many of Delta Sigma Nu's activities, such as rush, various parties, and ice sculpture. Items mounted in the scrapbook include a large number of photograps, membership lists, and correspondence. The scrapbook dates from 1957 to 1961.
This collection consists of memorabilia of Luther Gant's career at Northern Michigan College (now Northern Michigan University) in Marquette, Michigan. The collection is scattered and incomplete. Materials include numerous photographs of Kaye Hall, particularly during winter, and photographs of Luther Gant's retirement celebration. The collection also includes honorary degrees and correspondence from noted Michigan educators. Materials date between 1930 and 1961.
This collection represents a partial documentation of the personal and professional life of Dr. Sylvia Kinnunen, who spent the majority of her career as a professor in the Department of Education at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes a scattering of personal photographs, correspondence, and teaching materials. The collection's materials range in date from 1920 to 2005.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 8
- Marquette (Mich.). 7
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 6
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 6
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 6
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 5
- College teaching. 4
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 4
- Teachers -- Training of. 4
- College teachers. 3
- Education. 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 3
- Programs (documents). 3
- Memorabilia. 2
- Scrapbooks. 2
- Administrative assistants. 1
- Articles. 1 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 7
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 6
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 2
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 2
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Committee for Women in Academe 1
- Craig, Ruth 1
- Delta Sigma Nu Sorority 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1
- Gant, Luther O. 1
- Harden, Edgar L. 1
- Kinnunen, Sylvia 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Education 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Music 1
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye Hall 1
- Northern Michigan University. President 1
- Roberts, Forest 1
- Student Michigan Education Association. Northern Michigan University Chapter 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.