Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
This collection consists mainly of Northern Michigan University basketball and football game programs; photographs of teams, athletic activities, and coaches; and news articles related to NMU sports from 1928 to 1992. The collection also includes a football program from 1992.
The collection was originally a black paperbound scrapbook, containing materials dating from 1923 to 1925. Ms. Mather collected programs of commencements, plays, and concerts. Also included are dance cards, letters of invitation, dance memorabilia, and an assortment of class instructions and teaching guides from Northern State Normal School for Fall 1924 and Spring 1925, and several photographs of of Ms. Mather's friends and classmates.
MSS-398 consists of the personal papers of Jon "Jack" LaSalle from the 1980s and 1990s. They include papers from his time on the Marquette County Labor Council, the Upper Peninsula Labor Management Council, the Marquette County Democratic Party and more.
The scrapbook contains booklets and pamphlets relating to teaching as a career, greeting cards, certificates, correspondence, newsletters, programs, photographs and newsclippings relating to the Michigan Student Education Association and to the Don Bottum Chapter of Future Teachers of America.
This collection contains memorabilia of Nancy Russo's school days at Northern State Teachers College (now Northern Michigan University) from 1936 to 1939. The collection contains programs for the Men's and Women's Glee Clubs, Student Girls League Programs, a senior booklet for 1939, and a wallet size photograph of Pete Ellis.
This collection contains a scrapbook that came to the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives bound in a loose-leaf binder. The contents relate to Josephine Hurst Schils' years as a student at John D. Pierce School and at at Northern Michigan College of Education. Materials include programs, publications, photographs, and newspaper clippings from 1948 to 1998.
This collection consists of Northern Michigan University memorabilia. Items include photographs of homecoming (1949), basketball and football teams, and the Tri Mu Fraternity; a homecoming program for 1948, a commencement program from 1981, copies of Horizons, and a personal scrapbook. The materials date from 1948 to 1993.
- Correspondence. 11
- Marquette (Mich.). 11
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 9
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 8
- Scrapbooks. 8
- Student activities. 8
- Articles. 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 7
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 6
- Newsletters. 5
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 5
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 5
- Minutes (administrative records). 4
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 4
- Brochures. 3
- Clippings (information artifacts). 3
- College sports. 3 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 10
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 5
- Northern Michigan College. 5
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 4
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 3
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 3
- Canale, Gildo 2
- Harden, Edgar L. 2
- AFSCME-AFL/CIO Michigan 1
- Albeck, Stan 1
- American Association of University Professors. Northern Michigan University Chapter 1
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society 1
- Appleberry, James Bruce 1
- Camelia Bowl (Football game) 1
- Campbell, Betty 1
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International. Delta Chapter (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Democratic Party (Marquette County, Mich.) 1
- Democratic Party (Mich.). State Central Committee 1
- Elizabeth Mather 1
- Future Teachers of America (Organization). Don Bottum Chapter 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.