Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
This collection documents Boyum's business and travel activities. Records include correspondence, publications, travel memorabilia and documents, financial material, photographs, calendars, and newsclippings.
This collection is comprised of some of the professional publications of Dr. Fillmore C.F. Earney. The collection's focus is on mining and mineral resources. Of particular note is the report entitled "Marquette County Growth Impact Study (1975)." This report examines the impact of mining operations by the Cleveland Cliffs Iron Mining Company on the population and economic growth of Marquette County.
This collection consists primarily of memorabilia and correspondence from Henry Jacobson from 1932-1984. Other notable items include photographs and a scrapbook. This collection may be of interest to those researching employees of the Cleveland Cliffs Iron Mining Company or Bethany Lutheran Church in Ishpeming.
This collection mainly documents the Kappa Phi Chi sorority's reunion in 1999. Records include photographs, a history of the sorority (1961-1969), and various publications.
This collection is composed of the "Native American Rights Fund: NARF Legal Review" newsletters, a bi-yearly publication that follows the activities of the Native American Rights Fund (NARF).
This collection consists of the published works generated by the Upper Peninsula Writing Project from 1993 to 2009. There are three serial publications: "True North," "Yoopers: voices, visions, and verse," and "voices, visions, and verse" which are arranged within the individual series chronologically. The remaining publications represent the annual compilation of writings by participants in the UPWP workshops and are arranged chronologically.
- Correspondence. 10
- Photographs. 8
- Financial records. 6
- Reports. 6
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). 6
- Minutes (administrative records). 5
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 5
- College teachers. 4
- Indians of North America. 4
- Marquette (Mich.). 4
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 4
- Audiocassettes. 3
- College teaching. 3
- Maps. 3
- Newsletters. 3
- Politics and government. 3
- Research notes. 3
- Clippings (information artifacts). 2
- Economic development. 2 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 5
- Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company 3
- Bethany Lutheran Church (Ishpeming, Mich.) 1
- Boyum, Burton H. 1
- Cliffs Shaft Mine Museum 1
- Closser Associates Real Estate 1
- Closser, Bruce 1
- Cramton, Louis C. (Louis Convers) 1
- Democratic Party (Marquette County, Mich.) 1
- Dole, Robert J. 1
- Earney, Fillmore C.F. 1
- Episcopal Diocese of Northern Michigan 1
- Gwinn Area Chamber of Commerce 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio) 1
- International Association of Bridge, Structural, and Ornamental Iron Workers. Local 783 (Upper Peninsula, Mich.) 1
- Jacobson, Henry (Project engineer) 1
- Kappa Phi Chi Sorority 1
- Kennedy, Edward M. (Edward Moore) 1
- Kingsbury, Stewart A. 1
- LaSalle, Jon G. 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.