Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection consists of items formerly part of a retirement scrapbook given to Ruth Craig on her retirement from Northern Michigan University in 1963. The collection consists of photographs of campus scenes, student activities, former students, faculty and staff, and images from the retirement dinner. The collection also consists of numerous letters of tribute written to Craig from staff and former students. All materials are dated 1963.
This collection contains a scrapbook that came to the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives bound in a loose-leaf binder. The contents relate to Josephine Hurst Schils' years as a student at John D. Pierce School and at at Northern Michigan College of Education. Materials include programs, publications, photographs, and newspaper clippings from 1948 to 1998.
The collection consists of correspondence, news articles, a scrapbook, and yearbook clippings largely relating to Henry Tape's birthday in 1954 and his retirement in 1956.
Processed June 1996
Newsclippings, play programs, and photographs related to the Masquers, a student drama organization. The Masquers were organized to provide for practical training in dramatic arts.
This collection consists of Northern Michigan University memorabilia. Items include photographs of homecoming (1949), basketball and football teams, and the Tri Mu Fraternity; a homecoming program for 1948, a commencement program from 1981, copies of Horizons, and a personal scrapbook. The materials date from 1948 to 1993.
- Photographs. 5
- Marquette (Mich.). 4
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 4
- Articles. 3
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 3
- Student activities. 3
- Correspondence. 2
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 2
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 2
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 2
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 2
- Programs (documents). 2
- Academic medical centers. 1
- Clippings files. 1
- College and school drama. 1
- College presidents. 1
- College sports. 1
- College teachers. 1 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 5
- Northern Michigan University 5
- Northern Michigan College. 2
- Craig, Ruth 1
- Hooper, Aurelia E. 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Masquers (Organization : Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Niemi, Allan L. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Ada B. Vielmetti Health Center 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Music 1
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 1
- Northern Michigan University. President 1
- Northern Michigan University. University Health Center 1
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 1
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 1
- Osborn, Tish Vielmetti 1
- Rein, Beverly 1
- Schils, Josephine Hurst 1
- Tape, Henry A. 1
- Vielmetti, Ada B. 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.