Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of items formerly part of a retirement scrapbook given to Ruth Craig on her retirement from Northern Michigan University in 1963. The collection consists of photographs of campus scenes, student activities, former students, faculty and staff, and images from the retirement dinner. The collection also consists of numerous letters of tribute written to Craig from staff and former students. All materials are dated 1963.
The Kaye Hall scrapbook was transferred to the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives by Dan Truckey. The scrapbook includes photographs of Kaye House, John and June Jamrich's life there, and events they sponsored.
The collection consists of correspondence, news articles, a scrapbook, and yearbook clippings largely relating to Henry Tape's birthday in 1954 and his retirement in 1956.
Processed June 1996
- Marquette (Mich.). 5
- Correspondence. 4
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 4
- Photographs. 4
- Articles. 3
- College teaching. 3
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 3
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 3
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 3
- College presidents. 2
- College teachers. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 2
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). 2
- 20th Century. 1
- Academic medical centers. 1
- Announcements. 1
- Biology. 1 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 5
- Jamrich, John X. 2
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 2
- Northern Michigan College. 2
- Northern Michigan University. President 2
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 2
- Bordeau, Robert M. 1
- Craig, Ruth 1
- Golden Wildcat Club (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Hooper, Aurelia E. 1
- Jamrich, June 1
- Lowe, John N. 1
- Marquette-Alger County Medical Society 1
- Michigan. Constitutional Convention (1963) 1
- Niemi, Allan L. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Ada B. Vielmetti Health Center 1
- Northern Michigan University. Board of Control 1
- Northern Michigan University. Board of Trustees 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Music 1
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye House 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.