Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The collection was originally a black paperbound scrapbook, containing materials dating from 1923 to 1925. Ms. Mather collected programs of commencements, plays, and concerts. Also included are dance cards, letters of invitation, dance memorabilia, and an assortment of class instructions and teaching guides from Northern State Normal School for Fall 1924 and Spring 1925, and several photographs of of Ms. Mather's friends and classmates.
This collection consists primarily of memorabilia and correspondence from Henry Jacobson from 1932-1984. Other notable items include photographs and a scrapbook. This collection may be of interest to those researching employees of the Cleveland Cliffs Iron Mining Company or Bethany Lutheran Church in Ishpeming.
This collection consists of Northern Michigan University memorabilia. Items include photographs of homecoming (1949), basketball and football teams, and the Tri Mu Fraternity; a homecoming program for 1948, a commencement program from 1981, copies of Horizons, and a personal scrapbook. The materials date from 1948 to 1993.
- Correspondence. 5
- Programs (documents). 5
- Marquette (Mich.). 4
- Articles. 3
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 3
- Student activities. 3
- Greeting Cards. 2
- Invitations. 2
- Journals (periodicals). 2
- Minutes (administrative records). 2
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 2
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 2
- Pamphlets. 2
- Politics and government. 2
- Publications (document genre). 2
- Women. 2
- 20th Century. 1 + ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 3
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 2
- Appleberry, James Bruce 1
- Bethany Lutheran Church (Ishpeming, Mich.) 1
- Campbell, Betty 1
- Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company 1
- Elizabeth Mather 1
- Ishpeming High School (Ishpeming, Mich.) 1
- Jacobson, Henry (Project engineer) 1
- Marquette City Hospital 1
- Marquette General Health System (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Marquette-Alger County Medical Society 1
- Michigan. Constitutional Convention (1963) 1
- Michigan. Governor 1
- Michigan. Legislature. House of Representatives 1
- Michigan. Legislature. Senate 1
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Board of Control 1
- Northern Michigan University. Seaborg Center 1
- Republican Party (Marquette County, Mich.) 1 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.