Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of items formerly part of a retirement scrapbook given to Ruth Craig on her retirement from Northern Michigan University in 1963. The collection consists of photographs of campus scenes, student activities, former students, faculty and staff, and images from the retirement dinner. The collection also consists of numerous letters of tribute written to Craig from staff and former students. All materials are dated 1963.
This collection consists of a scrapbook that documents many of Delta Sigma Nu's activities, such as rush, various parties, and ice sculpture. Items mounted in the scrapbook include a large number of photograps, membership lists, and correspondence. The scrapbook dates from 1957 to 1961.
This scrapbook collection by Laverne Simonen was given to the archives by the university. Documents include cards, pamphlets, pictures, paper art projects, reading materials, letters, and Delta Sigma Nu newspaper articles.
The collection consists of correspondence, news articles, a scrapbook, and yearbook clippings largely relating to Henry Tape's birthday in 1954 and his retirement in 1956.
Processed June 1996
Newsclippings, play programs, and photographs related to the Masquers, a student drama organization. The Masquers were organized to provide for practical training in dramatic arts.
- Marquette (Mich.). 6
- Correspondence. 4
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 4
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Articles. 2
- College teaching. 2
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 2
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 2
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) 2
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 2
- Student activities. 2
- Academic medical centers. 1
- Bowed stringed instruments. 1
- Clippings files. 1
- College presidents. 1
- College teachers. 1
- College theater. 1 ∧ less
- Northern Michigan University 6
- Northern Michigan College. 5
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 3
- Bordeau, Robert M. 1
- Craig, Ruth 1
- Delta Sigma Nu Sorority 1
- Golden Wildcat Club (Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Hooper, Aurelia E. 1
- Jamrich, John X. 1
- Masquers (Organization : Marquette, Mich.) 1
- Niemi, Allan L. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Ada B. Vielmetti Health Center 1
- Northern Michigan University. Board of Trustees 1
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Music 1
- Northern Michigan University. President 1
- Northern Michigan University. University Health Center 1
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 1
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 1
- Osborn, Tish Vielmetti 1
- Rein, Beverly 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.