Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection is composed of the papers of Judith Bailey, who was the president of Northern Michigan University from 1998 to 2003. Her papers are primarily centered around her hiring and include related articles, press releases, and correspondence, dating from 1997 to 2003. Other materials include statistics about NMU enrollment, costs and productivity during her time as president.
This collection consists of photographs taken at the dinner for John X. and June Jamrich in July 2012 and July 2013 in Marquette, Michigan.
This collection of photographs documents some of former Northern Michigan University President John X. Jamrich's official duties on campus. Of particular note are the images of the Physical Education and Instructional Facility (PEIF) ground-breaking and Kaye House (the official residence of the President) receptions. The photographs date from 1968 to 1983.
The Kaye Hall scrapbook was transferred to the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives by Dan Truckey. The scrapbook includes photographs of Kaye House, John and June Jamrich's life there, and events they sponsored.
The collection consists of correspondence, news articles, a scrapbook, and yearbook clippings largely relating to Henry Tape's birthday in 1954 and his retirement in 1956.
Processed June 1996
This collection consists of photocopies of portions of the Dwight B. Waldo Papers held by Western Michigan University. It documents his time spent as the first principal of Northern State Normal School (now Northern Michigan University). It includes correspondence and letters of reference which cover the 1899-1904 period which Waldo spent at Northern. Also included are a 1939 obituary and eulogy for Waldo.
Processed April 1995
- Names: Northern Michigan University. President X
- Marquette (Mich.). 7
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 7
- College presidents. 6
- Correspondence. 6
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 6
- Northern Michigan administration. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 3
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 3
- Speeches (documents). 3
- Articles. 2
- College presidents' spouses. 2
- Education, Higher. 2
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) 2
- Scrapbooks. 2
- Administrative assistants. 1
- Calendars. 1
- College teachers. 1
- Educational leadership. 1
- Eulogies. 1 ∧ less
- Jamrich, John X. 4
- Harden, Edgar L. 2
- Jamrich, June 2
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 2
- Northern Michigan College. 2
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye House 2
- Bailey, Judith G. 1
- Bowden , Jeannette S. 1
- Northern Michigan University. Physical Education and Instructional Facility 1
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 1
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 1
- Tape, Henry A. 1
- Truckey, Daniel P. 1
- United States Olympic Education Center 1
- Waldo, Dwight B. (Dwight Bryant) 1 ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDEThis is your guide to our historical collections of personal papers, organizational records, and manuscripts. Our collections cover such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region. Search by Keyword, Name, Title, Subject, or Collecting Areas. The finding aids for our collections will give you an overview of the contents and information on where they are located.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.