Showing Collections: 361 - 373 of 373
This collection contains photographs, an obituary, and a business card from William St. Peter and his wife Marion Hebert St. Peter. The photographs show a tavern and gas station owned by St. Peter that was located near the CCC (Civilian Conservation Corps) camp in Raco, Michigan and a third grade class at Sacred Heart school in Munising, Michigan. There is also a business card for St. Peter's deep sea sport trolling business in Munising and a copy of his obituary.
This collection features four ledgers from the William Bonifas Lumber Company. Each ledger contains information about lumber lands with land descriptions, jobbers, and various accounts. Although the writing is at times difficult to read, this collection can be useful to someone researching local and/or Upper Peninsula lumbering. The ledgers date from 1910 to 1936.
This collection consists of business correspondence of the Winthrop Iron Company. This correspondence is in the form of letters and Western Union telegraphs. The materials cover the time span of August 1899 to October 22, 1901, the time period covering the take over of Winthrop Mine by National Steel. Correspondents are: Winthrop Iron Company, Oliver Iron Mining Company, I. B. Davis and Son, Manufacturers, Chapin Mining Company, M. A. Hanna and Company, and F. Braastad and Company.
This collection, MSS-378, Wisconsin Central, Ltd. (WC) collection, documents a 1998 proposed track connection in Escanaba, Michigan. The materials are copies and the location of the original documents is unknown.
This collection contains campaign material for various female candidates for regional and state political office between 1972 and 1995. The candidates represent both the Democratic and Republican parties. The material consists of campaign fliers, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and informational flyers. The more substantive files also contain contact information and donor information.
This collection of Woods Distribution Company Records was transferred to us by the Michigan Tech Archives. The records cover the Woods Dist. Co. bankruptcy case in Manistique. The collection includes correspondence, closing documents, and liquidation inventories.
This collection contains one sepia photograph (83 cm x 21 cm) of the Negaunee troops before deploying for World War I. The photograph was taken by Lassie Studio.
This collection contains the correspondence, financial records, committee records, audit reports, meeting minutes, and agendas, newsletters, and membership records, annual reports, bylaws correspondence, committee records, and International District reports of the Zonta Club in Marquette, Michigan.
- Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives 288
- Superiorland Library Cooperative 17
- Thompson Township Historical Advisory Committee 14
- Upper Peninsula Digital Network Community Donations 12
- Ontonagon County Historical Society 9
- Grand Marais Historical Society 9
- Menominee County Library 6
- Painesdale Mine and Shaft 4
- Copper Range Historical Society 4
- Manistique School and Public Library 3
- Escanaba Public Library 3
- Peter White Public Library 2
- Negaunee Historical Society 1
- Ishpeming Area Historical Society 1 + ∧ less
- Correspondence. 123
- Photographs. 117
- Marquette (Mich.). 100
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 71
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). 64
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 57
- Minutes (administrative records). 47
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 44
- Newspapers. 42
- Student activities. 37
- Articles. 33
- College teachers. 32
- Scrapbooks. 32
- College teaching. 31
- Marquette County (Mich.). 31
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 30
- Financial records. 29
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 29
- Reports. 27
- Politics and government. 26 + ∧ less
- English 358
- Multiple languages 7
- Italian 4
- German 2
- Finnish 1
- Northern Michigan University 94
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 29
- Northern Michigan College. 27
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 19
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 17
- Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company 11
- Northern Michigan University. President 9
- Jamrich, John X. 8
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 8
- Magnaghi, Russell M. 7
- Michigan. Legislature. House of Representatives 5
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye Hall 5
- Democratic Party (Mich.) 4
- Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railway Company 4
- Mattson, Ellwood A. 4
- Money, C.V. "Red" 4
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 3
- Closser, Bruce 3
- Democratic Party (Marquette County, Mich.) 3
- Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railroad Company 3 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.