Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 373
This collection features the records for Longshoremen's Union Local 1673 (later Local 1014) in Marquette, Michigan. The collection includes minutes for two meetings in 1946, affidavits of non-communist party membership, official copies of constitutions and by-laws, membership roles and dues payment records. The materials range in date from 1942 to 1960.
This collection includes a copy of John Longyear's original deed to the Longyear Forest property, as well as the deeds of both transfers of Longyear Forest property to Northern Michigan College of Education.
A collection of photographs documenting the construction of the Mackinac Bridge from 1954 to 1957 and events on the bridge from 1958 to 1975.
This collection contains issues of the Manistique Courier from December 25, 1896 to November 24, 1899. Within this time frame, it is missing Volume 3, Number 22, 1899-05-19.
This collection contains a relatively complete run of the Sunday Morning Star from October 1890 to June 1891 and one issue of the Saturday Morning Star from 1893. The quality of the original microfilm was poor, and there are frequently ripped pages and missing chunks of the paper.
This collection is an artificial collection of items related to the Johnson family of Stephenson, Michigan. It includes several photographs, a history of the Stephenson Methodist Episcopal Church, and a booklet from the dedication of Stephenson High School.
This collection contains a photocopied scrapbook and photographs of the Marquette Ambassadors Club from 1964-1969. The photographs depict the club members at various meetings and events. The scrapbook documents their visit to Lansing, Michigan and meetings with then-Governor Romney, Dominic Jacobetti, and various business representatives. Letters in the scrapbook are addressed to President Nixon.
This collection consists of glass negatives taken in Marquette County and Alger County in the early-to-mid twentieth century. Many of the images concern mining, logging, fishing, Presque Isle Park, and the Marquette ore docks.
This collection contains informational and promotional pamphlets and programs for various Marquette Community Theatre performances from 1963 to 1978.
This collection consists of miscellaneous documents on the mining and timber industries in Marquette County in the twentieth century. It was donated by Pat Schierup from the Sloan Museum in Flint, MI. The records and correspondence include listings of mining properties, accident reports, complaints, and timbering information and planning. The documents were obtained at the same estate sale and were organized into an artificial collection.
This collection consists of senior class yearbooks, named "Agora," for Marquette High School in Marquette, Michigan. Yearbooks from 1902, 1904, 1905, and 1906 are included in the collection.
This collection contains photocopies of blueprints of the Marquette Lower Harbor Iron Ore Dock and approach construction. The drawings were produced by the Minneapolis, Minnesota firms South Shore Dock Company and Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railway Company; and the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania company, McClintic-Marshall Construction Company. The blueprints were created in 1931 and 1932.
The collection consists of microfilm copies of the Marquette Mining Journal from 1868 to the present. As of November 2022, 1868 to 1955 are digitized and available online.
This collection of programs contained in the Marquette Symphony Orchestra records provide information on the materials performed during concerts of the Marquette Symphony Orchestra from 1997 through 2012. This collection is not all-inclusive and the dates of the programs that are present are included with the program titles. These programs are arranged chronologically.
This collection contains records that document the general operations of the Mather Inn in Ishpeming, Michigan. Records include time cards and employee payroll, general correspondence, correspondence related to construction, establishment of the Inn, and documents regarding the Inn's eventual sale. Records also include tax and lease information and correspondence of William Mather and William Manning (architect). The materials date from 1923 to 1986.
This collection contains photographs of Ellwood Mattson and his role with the School of Banking at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan during the early 1980s.
This collection contains the Mazina'igan newspaper and reflects the life of the Ojibwe in the Lake Superior Region.
- Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives 288
- Superiorland Library Cooperative 17
- Thompson Township Historical Advisory Committee 14
- Upper Peninsula Digital Network Community Donations 12
- Ontonagon County Historical Society 9
- Grand Marais Historical Society 9
- Menominee County Library 6
- Painesdale Mine and Shaft 4
- Copper Range Historical Society 4
- Manistique School and Public Library 3
- Escanaba Public Library 3
- Peter White Public Library 2
- Negaunee Historical Society 1
- Ishpeming Area Historical Society 1 + ∧ less
- Correspondence. 123
- Photographs. 117
- Marquette (Mich.). 100
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) 71
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). 64
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. 57
- Minutes (administrative records). 47
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. 44
- Newspapers. 42
- Student activities. 37
- Articles. 33
- College teachers. 32
- Scrapbooks. 32
- College teaching. 31
- Marquette County (Mich.). 31
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) 30
- Financial records. 29
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) 29
- Reports. 27
- Politics and government. 26 + ∧ less
- English 358
- Multiple languages 7
- Italian 4
- German 2
- Finnish 1
- Northern Michigan University 94
- Northern Michigan College of Education. 29
- Northern Michigan College. 27
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.). 19
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.). 17
- Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company 11
- Northern Michigan University. President 9
- Jamrich, John X. 8
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School 8
- Magnaghi, Russell M. 7
- Michigan. Legislature. House of Representatives 5
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye Hall 5
- Democratic Party (Mich.) 4
- Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railway Company 4
- Mattson, Ellwood A. 4
- Money, C.V. "Red" 4
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company 3
- Closser, Bruce 3
- Democratic Party (Marquette County, Mich.) 3
- Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railroad Company 3 + ∧ less
ABOUT THIS COLLECTION GUIDE
This collection guide includes collections from member organizations of UPLINK (the Upper Peninsula Digital Network) as well as the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. UPLINK collections document the history of the Upper Peninsula broadly, while the Central UP & NMU Archives focuses on such topics as Northern Michigan University history, the local iron mining industry, and the politics, economics, religion, environment, and culture of the Central Upper Peninsula region.
These finding aids will give you an overview of the contents and context of each collection. Finding aids only exist for collections that each organization has shared with UPLINK or (in the case of the NMU Archives) for processed collections. For a more comprehensive list of collections that might help with your research, please contact the relevant heritage organization(s) directly.
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave. • Marquette, MI 49855-5301 • 906–227–1000
© 2018 by the NMU Board of Trustees. NMU is an equal opportunity institution.